BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
ANNOUNCEMENT:
BABY SHOWER HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO JOCELYN'S BEDREST...
NEW DATE TBD AFTER BABY NYLA ARRIVES.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Echocardiogram

So today I went to the hospital for an echocardiogram.  My internist wanted to check on how my hypertension has effected my heart over the past 10 years and see how my heart can handle the stress of delivery.  Mike came because he thought the idea of seeing my heart on the ultrasound was cool.... he was impressed.  It was so strange looking!  It was crazy that the ultrasound tech could tell all about my lifestyle based on my heart. The best line she gave me after I told her I was a smoker until June, "the heart is the best lie detector... I could tell before you even told me because of the heart; just so you know when you are a smoker it is like using rabbit ears, non-smokers you are working with HDTV."   We get the results when I visit the Dr. in September as long as everything is ok, until then no news is good news!

0 comments: