BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �
ANNOUNCEMENT:
BABY SHOWER HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO JOCELYN'S BEDREST...
NEW DATE TBD AFTER BABY NYLA ARRIVES.
Showing posts with label high risk. Show all posts
Showing posts with label high risk. Show all posts

Monday, January 25, 2010

Acceptance

So now that I have had a chance to process I am trying to see the positive of Nyla coming this week.

1- It is the best thing to do for both of us healthwise

2- Chinese New Year starts at the end of January leaves me a whole month that China will not be emailing me and so I can focus on adjusting to being a mom.

3- The pro-bowl is this weekend, who cares about the pro bowl anyways!?!?!

4- I will finally get to hold her.

5- I will be able to see my toes again.

6- I am able to take awesome BP meds as of this afternoon because they are no longer concerned about them masking Pre-E, so I am going to start to physically feel a little better.

7- I can have some say/control in the situation, and anyone who knows me knows i love to plan EVERYTHING.

8- They initially told me I would be lucky to make it to 32 weeks, I made it to 36, take that doctors!!!!

9- No matter what happens I have an amazing support system of family and friends who will be there for me to help me through whatever the future holds.

I think I am ok with this.

Maybe Baby....

I just got back from an appointment with my specialist, and she told me what I already knew she was going to say. Her professional recommendation is to have Nyla delivered by the end of the week.

I am still processing....

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

35 weeks!!

Woooo Hoooo!
We made it to 35 weeks, the last week in month 8!!! Considering that just 2 weeks ago we were having concerns that Nyla would be here by now, I am so happy to say that she is still staying put!

We went to the doctors appointment yesterday, and Nyla still looks absolutely perfect on the monitors. Me... eh... my BP was a little high (170/90) so they had me hang for a few hours and let me go home and back to bedrest when it hit 138/90.

I had a major happy day though, I reached a GREAT compromise with my doctors! They wanted to induce me next week (January 27th) and I had a lot of concerns about her still being pre-term. The doctors and I came to the agreement that unless my BP jumps up to a point where it is high and sustained (not just a random emotional spike) I can sit and bake this baby until AT LEAST 38 weeks!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I am over bedrest, being uncomfortable, all that, but to know that she can stay in there until she is ready seems to make it all better!!!

Tomorrow we have another ultrasound, and a follow up with the doctors to check my bloodwork and BP levels. Basically from now on I am living part time in bed and part time at my doctors office.

PS...... the produce this week is still a honeydew, just a fatter one...

Monday, January 11, 2010

No Change

After the big outing to the doctors office, no change... Nyla still looks perfect, I am still on bedrest... we have an ultrasound on Thursday at the hospital to see how big she has gotten, lets hope she has not gained too much weight!!!!


Friday, January 1, 2010

bedrest

What a way to ring in the new year.
today started great, we had an ultrasound, and Chris came with us, which was awesome. Unfortunately no good pictures came out,
she is too big to get a good shot now!

We found out that my little chubster is already 4lbs 15oz, a full pound above average! She is measuring 33 weeks 5 days, and the doctor even mentioned that she may be a Valentines baby! Her heartrate was 144, and everything looked good. Then I went to the normal doctors appointment and it went downhill.

My blood pressure is elevating, and there were traces of protein in my urine :( Also my swelling is a little bit of a concern, and my uterus is measuring at 36 weeks (I am only 32) anyways, I am being transfered from my midwife to a "real" OB, and I am on bedrest until my appointment Monday am. I am monitoring my bp, and basically if it spikes I have to go directly to Labor & Delivery for a C-section. Looks like Nyla may be joining us sooner than we thought. I am just going to stay in bed and hope that nothing has elevated on Monday.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

5 Week Visit?

Under the advice of my doctor, I called the new OB/GYN this morning and told them about my hypertension, and surprise, they wanted to see me today!  That was fast, and Mike was pretty bummed he would not be able to come, but apparently I am going to the doctor today!

UPDATE: So I just went for my 1st pre-natal visit.  It was really informative and I really liked the Doctor!  She suggested we deliver at St. Peters because it is a high-risk pregnancy b/c of my hypertension.  I am proud, however, to say that though I am a fainter, I did not pass out today, and they took 4 viles of blood!  I was impressed with myself.  They also did an ultrasound, but it was too soon to see anything other than the gestational sac, but on a positive note the baby is definitely implanted in my uterus, which was a big concern b/c of my endometriosis!  My next appointment is at 8 weeks, and the Dr. said that we would definitely be able to see something by then!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ummm.... ok???

So I had my first moment of concern today.  I went to my general practitioner to change up my blood pressure medicine, and I was informed that I am considered a "high-risk" pregnancy because of my hypertension.  I am trying not to freak out, but the Dr. told me to call my new OB/GYN 1st thing in the morning and schedule an appointment.  Will update tomorrow....